is currently backordered. You may still purchase it now but we won't be able to ship it until it becomes available again.
Like all good inventions Seabrake was born out of necessity in a life and death situation in Australia's notorious Bass Strait. Overwhelmed by 80 feet seas and 100mph winds Captain John Abernethy conceived the Seabrake principle when conventional drogues and sea anchors failed. Seabrake is approved by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority as a sea anchor: Solas certificate #4126 and is compliant with the AYF as an emergency steering device.
- 10 Applications for everyday use:
- Sea anchor and drift anchor
- Emergency steering
- Anti-surfing/broaching device
- Stabilizer under way
- Stabilizer/anti-roll at anchor
- Aid for vessels under tow
- Aid for auto pilots
- Aid for bar crossing
- Seabrake has twice the drag as conventional sea anchors/drogues
- Seabrake GP30 - suitable for boat length 10.9mtrs to 16.8mtrs / 36' to 55'